Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Year's Resolutions - Originally posted 21 December 2006

Hey, it's never too early to think about it, right? Especially when it's right around the corner.

So. Here is the whole nine yards of how I found it.

On Monday, we had fun with veils at practice... actually, we went a little nuts with veils. And so, at one point, Moolana was using her veil as if it was a jump rope and I said that it would be great for our spoof piece. So I took my veil, also pretended like it was a jump rope but I made a face with intent to show that it was an uber great thing to do... to which Moolana exclaimed that I looked like it was the greatest thing ever.

Oh wow! I'm getting there! My expressions are starting to come out! And then, this week, as I was pondering that, I thought about how much easier it is for me to do those seemingly silly things with my tribe sisters and with friends but how much harder it is to do in front of an audience, even if it is comprised of friends. So I realized that it was relatively simple: fear. Fear is what is hindering the process in front of an audience. At that point, I thought, "Hmpf! And I thought that I had been good this year and delivered on my New Year's resolution of being 'fearless'."

And that's when it hit me: one of my New Year's resolution for 2007 is simply going to be... drum roll... Be even MORE fearless! ;o)

And then I thought about another one: Unapologetically be myself! ;o) I'm goofy, so what? I'm quirky, so what? I'm me, so what? I like me. Lots of people like me. If you don't like me, go somewhere else! ;op

No comments:

Post a Comment