Saturday, July 10, 2010

Squeel! - Originally posted 21 Nov. 2008

I was looking at the entry on Tribal Fusion via wikipedia.org. Here are some quotes:

Tribal Fusion was largely popularized by Rachel Brice and the Indigo (formed in 2003), who became internationally renowned as they toured with the Bellydance Superstars. Rachel Brice describes her dancing as a combination of Suhaila Salimpour technique and FCBD style, along with a heavy dose of Mardi Love. She also popularized the use of movements similar to "popping," though she credits Ariellah as the source.

Well, I will be taking a two-day workshop with Mardi Love in Chicago this weekend... and I will be taking the intensive with Rachel Brice and Ariellah in early December. I guess that it will make me a well-rounded tribal fusion/Indigo gal! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment