Saturday, July 10, 2010

Something for my Censor - Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I would like to give a big FU to the Censor. I've been wanting to do the Filii Neidhardi song since I heard it, which was like Summer 2006 or something (if I try to remember when I heard the song first, I think that we bought that CD while we were in Philly in July 2006). So like 1.5 years later, I FINALLY decide to do it. And you know what? Ariellah did it for a DVD. She's going to be representing Kali on it. In a "great minds think alike" turn of things, I will also be representing something else, which, in essence, is another twist on the Kali concepts.

In the famous words of Jack Sparrow: bugger bugger bugger bugger.

I had some ideas a while back for a piece by Solace (the title is escaping me at the moment) but Ariellah did it on a DVD... and, darn it, it's EXACTLY what I had envisioned... only, SHE could do it (I had envisioned 3/4 shimmies and mine were not up to par just yet). So I guess that I'm goth enough, right?

I still will pursue the concept that me and The Muse had in mind. Because, well, it's a good concept and different enough. I just hope that I don't come across as a Ariellah wannabe. There is nothing that I think is sadder than someone downright copying someone or trying to emulate him or her too much.

So... what is the take home message on that one? DON'T FREAKIN' WAIT WHEN YOU HAVE AN IDEA!

Right now, I am way too pissed at the Censor to even consider any of the counter claims valid. Never mind that my skills were maybe not up to par yet. F*** that. Never mind that the timing might not have been perfect yet. F*** that. Censor, I'm giving you the finger, flipping the bird, spitting in your face, dancing on your grave (or doing something else like in that Combichrist song). This is what happens when I listen to you. I miss opportunities to be unique... to be ME!...

No comments:

Post a Comment